I recently baked some Halloween chocolate cupcakes using a Mary Berry recipe I found on Baking Mad. I recently found Baking Mad and I already love the website. There are so many amazing bakes I really want to try so I would definitely recommend looking on there if you enjoy baking.
- 4 tbsp Water (Boiling)
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 3 Free Range Large Egg(s)
- 175g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 165g Caster Sugar
- 115g Self-Raising White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas mark 6)
- Line a cupcake tin with cases. I bought these black and orange ones from Lakeland
- Put the cocoa powder in a bowl (you are meant to sift it but I didn’t) then add the boiling water and mix until it makes a paste
- Add the other ingredients and mix until they are all combined. I started off using an mixer and then finished it off by hand
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes
For the decoration I did not follow the buttercream method in the recipe. Instead I made basic butter cream icing by using this recipe . I made two batches and coloured one with green food colouring and one with purple. The icing was meant to be a nice little swirl but that did not really happen. The purple icing was a bit too thin and the green icing ended up a bit thick but it was only my second time making buttercream icing. Personally I don’t think the icing looks that bad; not great but not terrible either.
These cupcakes were so good! Joe and I could not stop eating them and he already wants me to bake him some more.
Let me know what your favourite things to bake are
Thanks for reading